Sunday 30 December 2012

New year, new direction, new commitment...

It has been a long time since I wrote anything in this blog and I think the new year is  perfect time for me to rethink my approach to the blog.

My initial intention with this was to write a something at least five times a week on any topic that came to mind. I managed that for over two months, but then work and other commitments distracted me and I stopped writing regularly and eventually not at all.

I am currently out of regular work and, I am doing a bit of free-lance research and hoping to get a bit of ghost writing, but I am not doing anything much. I have decided to use the extra time to get back on top of writing my own projects. I have finished one flash fiction this week and started work on another short story. I am also close to completing the script I have been asked to write for a friends film project, a project I am very excited about. All in all a good few weeks on the writing front.

This renewed writing vigour left me to ruminate on what to do with this blog and I have decided to continue it in a new manor. I am hoping to post regularly, although maybe not five time a week, and it is now going to focus on my thoughts on whichever current area interests me. At present it is the inter-relationship of narrative and ideology, and to that end I am intending to write my thoughts on different aspects of popular culture and how these can be understood in terms of narrative.

These blogs will be intended to help me develop my own thoughts, so please feel free to challenge me on all of them. I am always open to honest criticism.

I want to make it clear that I will be trying to look at this dispassionately, my reading of the narrative will not be an endorsement of the narratives ideology, merely an attempt to recognise it and understand how it is effective.

I hope you all enjoy the new direction for the blog, and I look forward to some very interesting and challenging comments.

I hope you all have a happy and fruitful 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment